Social media platforms are endorsing brands to enhance their reach with audience to build a brand, drive sales upwards, increase traffic to a website i.e. where social media marketing comes into play which allows your business to have a positive impression through a humanization factor. When brands become interactive by posting status, sharing content and commenting on social media, it personifies a brand.
Looking at the key social trends we present the list of 7 best social media marketing tips that are dominating the industry in 2022.
- Increasing Importance of TikTok in Social Network Marketing
Instagram was growing the fastest, had the highest returns on investment. But now, TikTok surpassed the 1 billion mark in September 2021, making it the 7th most popular social network in the world and this comes after a global user base increase of 1157% through the phase of 2018-2020.Despite TikTok’s rapid growth, most businesses are hesitant to invest in the network. If brands aren’t shifting to TikTok yet, they will soon. We advise being at the front of the crowd rather than behind it.
- Take hold of your account & handle for your brand.
- Explore the platform to start being fluent and discover few ideas.
- Sketch out the fundamentals of your TikTok Marketing Strategy.
- Use a Social Media Tool to easily time your TikTok’s, mild comments and extent your success on the platform from on handy dashboard.
- Need to focus on Smaller Networks
Research shows consumers are more receptive to marketing on smaller channels like TikTok, Snapchat & Pinterest than the bigger social networks. A study has observed that consumers ranked TikTok commercials as extra inspiring and enjoyable than ads on other platforms.
- Snapchat observed that advertisements on Snapchat were more responsive than television commercials.
- Pinterest enterprise ads had higher ROI and cheaper conversion prices than ads on different social network.
- The smaller networks aren’t as immensely populated with ads as Facebook and Instagram, so users may suffer less from ads fatigue.
- Make a keen observation of your engagement across all platforms.
- Study the content people post on Pinterest and try to comprehend the audience for Snapchat.
- Try improving your brand’s tone to fit in with the vibe of the aimed platform.
- Learning Paid Advertising
The gradual decline of organic reach has been well documented for years. The pandemic has caused some disturbance for social advertising since businesses reduced their spending on ads and those who did complained about low returns on over-saturated networks.
- The focus needs to be shifted towards audience targeting.
- Use organic social media content to enhance the brand awareness, encourage audience engagement, and deliver customer service.
- Experiment with promoting your top content, posts to reach new potential customers.
- Consider investing in publishing ads to Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn and track their performance as well in the same dashboard.
- Social Listening Strategy
The ability to respond in real-time to questions and issues with their customers during a crisis is what Social Listening stands for. Customer changing preferences is an unaddressed issue which needs to be solved to avoid PR mishaps. Most respondents have agreed that social listening has enhanced in value for their organization over past year.
- Audience Research & Competitive intelligence will help you make better decisions about social marketing or your business.
- Set up search stream in social media management tool and mention yours as well as your competitor’s brand hash tags, products & keywords.
- Make sure that people who make decisions have access to social listening as it surfaces issues and opportunities that can increase the business.
- Supremacy of Short-form Videos
According to video companies, more than 60% of all videos published in 2020 were under 2 minutes long but social media users won’t watch just any short-form videos. They must be engaging and entertaining too. Depending upon the aim behind the formation of videos following points needs to be kept in mind
- If your aim is to reach new followers, experimentation with TikTok videos is going to be very helpful.
- If your aim is to re-engage your existing Instagram audience, experiment with reels.
- Success with short-form videos on one platform means try on another platform as well. Take notes on the results and keep in mind to remove watermarks of TikTok on Reels.
- Social Audio Strategy
- Social Audio Strategy investment results in hosting/leading audio live streams as thought leaders. Choosing one social audio platform over another is necessary but taking advantage of social audio is necessity.
- Once the idea of value is formulated to attract listeners, start thinking about the media platform to be targeted. For example, try using Spaces to engage your existing community on Twitter. Try Clubhouse to connect with new followers.
- Tap the great leaders (hopefully true, charismatic humans with lots of improv experience) in your organization to host a talk on behalf of your emblem. And ensure you hire a pro moderator who can assist limit the risk of trolls and unwelcome questions.
- Influencer Marketing
The creator economy has been around for a while, but it saw an uprising during the pandemic as people searched for ways to increase and diversify their income. Creator comprises both amateur content creators and professional influencer marketers. Anyone who edits, writes, films and design content to post on social media.
- The best way to creating authentic, long term customer relationship which any brand ever hopes is to outsource at least some of your engagement tactics to a creator. Whatever your niche is, there is a pre-established creator with a fan base waiting to partner with you.
- Defining the target audience and targeted platform to find correct audience is very necessary.
- Browsing creator marketplaces is essential step in short listing of correct audience.
Conclusion: Social Media Marketing is a best strategy for any organization that sets to increase revenue. It can help enhance relationships, increase visibility and establish mutual two-way communication with customers. It increases the reputation as well as improves the ROI of the organization. For reasons as such social media websites have been an integral platform for organizations. Thus, these factors collated with a great communication strategy are essential to stay on top of the game in 2022.