Do you know that there are 2.3 million searches performed on google every second? And the interesting face here is that most of the search result pages include Google ads. Google ads can be the most effective way in which you can drive relevant traffic to your website.
What is google ads?
Google ads are the paid advertisements that google offers which appears on search results on google.com. These ads also appear on other websites through display network or Google AdSense programme. Google also offers Display ads which appear on the Google display network. The Display network is an extensive collection of outside third-party websites that have partnered with google and agreed to serve google ads. Google ads on display network can be targeted differently and can vary i.e. it can be text, image, video or rich media format.
How google ads work?
Google ads auction is focused mainly around the keywords. Keywords are the list of words to target that are relevant to the company’s business offerings i.e. the words people are going to use when they are going to search for that product. The advertisers need to choose the keywords and then the need to bid on these keywords. Based on how much they are willing to pay the amount is decided how much they get for each click on their ad. When the user clicks the add the advertiser pays a certain cost to google. This is where the term pay per click originates.
Google adds costs:
The cost of google adds varies upon a number of factors. They depend upon factors such as your geographical location, your industry, the competitiveness of your keywords, the quality of your advertising campaigns and many more. The prices vary from country to country.
Benefits of google ads:
Online advertising allows you to show yours adds to the people who are likely to be interested in your products and the services you provide. It filters out the people who are not relevant. You can also keep a track of people who clicked your ads. Google ads provides you with the benefit of online advertising by showing your adds to right people in right place and right time. They offer several benefits such as:
1. Targeting your adds: Targeting your adds give you the ability to reach people who are interested in your products.it reaches to people with specific interests and show them the relevant ads. There are different ways though which we can target, let’s take a look at the choices you have:
– Devices: your adds can appear on all kinds of devices. You can fine tune which device you want your ads to appear on and when.
– Days, times and frequency: it allows you to show your ads during certain time in a day or a week and you can also determine how frequent your ads can appear.
– Age, location and language: you can select the age group, geographical location as well as language of the customer you want to target.
– Ad location: shows your ads on google search result pages as well as websites that are a part of google search and display network.
– Keywords: the words or phrases which are relevant to your product or services which are used to show your ads to the customers when they search for that product or visit a relevant website.
2. Control your costs: Google ads gives you control over how you want to spend your money. There is no minimum amount and hence you can choose how much you want to spend per month, per day and per ad. You will only need to pay when someone clicks your ad.
3. Measure your success: The best thing that google ads offer is you can track your customer throughout. If someone clicks your add you will know. If they clicked your add and then did something valuable to your business like purchased your product or downloaded your app you will get to know that too. By keeping a track of this you can boost your business where it requires. This also helps you by providing you a valuable data of your customers.
4. Manage your campaigns: google ads also offers you the tools with which you can easily manage and monitor accounts. If you are someone managing multiple google accounts a My Client Centre manager account is a powerful tool that can help you save your time. It helps you easily monitor and manage your different Google ad accounts through one place.
Hence Google ads is one the most powerful digital marketing channel available to marketers today. Not only that but it is the largest available marketing platform to have ever existed. You can use it to promote your business, help sell your products or services and raise awareness on your website.